Time: 9AM-5PM ET
This full-day lab course gives participants hands-on experience attacking and hardening a simulated power plant network to learn about common ICS vulnerabilities and defenses. Participants will attack historians, HMIs, and PLCs to cause a power outage in the 3D simulation, and then implement defenses like firewalls and network monitoring to harden it.
In this session attendees will learn:
- Deeper understanding of common vulnerabilities in ICS networks and devices
- Techniques for testing ICS devices for various vulnerabilities
- Practical experience hardening ICS device configurations and using network defenses
- Scanning ICS networks
- Exploiting web vulnerabilities in the DMZ
- Sniffing industrial network traffic
- Password cracking
- PLC and HMI programming
- Using Yara to scan for ICS malware
- Writing host and network firewall rules for ICS
- ICS network intrusion detection
Participants must bring their own laptop with either Chrome or Firefox installed.
Some Linux experience is helpful but not required.